Thank you for your interest in a career with Young Americans Center for Financial Education. We are currently hiring for the position below. Please send along your resume and our completed job application to Sue Euser at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (303-320-6507).
Responsible for learning and implementing a full range of activities in Young AmeriTowne or International Towne. Employees in this level can perform a wide variety of duties including, working as Program Assistants in all the shops/countries in Young AmeriTowne and International Towne, assisting with teaching the curriculum for the summer programs. Employees in this level are either part-time or full-time and serve as Program Assistants in Young AmeriTowne and International Towne during the school year only, or are newly hired employees who are learning the various programs being offered including how to facilitate the different Young AmeriTowne shops and International Towne Countries, and the summer programs.
- Assists with the direction and delivery of Young AmeriTowne or International Towne operations during the school year by answering participants’ questions, resolving problems and overseeing the various Towne activities.
- Assigns site orientation and responsibility to adult volunteers.
- Provides support to educators during their involvement in the program.
- Assists with marketing of the Young AmeriTowne and International Towne programs to educators, parent volunteers and other individuals.
- Accepts feedback through student, parent, and teacher evaluation forms and communicates feedback to the Towne Director and Vice President/ Programs.
- Assists with setting up Towne shops/countries, including insuring all operating materials, forms, equipment, supplies, and shop/country products are properly maintained.
- Completes clean up and checklist procedure in assigned areas daily.
- Attends meetings such as staff meetings and other employee meetings required.
- May perform other duties including providing administrative support such as word processing, assisting in mailings and answering telephones, and shopping for supplies.
- May assist with the preparation of school and teacher materials.
- May assist with the special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In addition to the above, regular full-time newly hired employees will learn how to serve as a member of the teaching team during summer camps.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with effective training techniques as they apply to children and adults.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with children and adults.
- Ability to handle stress and maintain discipline while working with 70 to 140 children per session. Towne participants are age 10-14 yrs. Summer program participants are 7 – 14 years. YE Marketplace participants are 6 – 21 years. CYE applicants are 6 – 21 years.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to multitask, plan, organize, and carry out assignments within given deadlines.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail.
- Ability to become and maintain CPR certification.
- Proficient using Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher and other software.
- Ability to be bonded and maintain current drivers license.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- On the job training is provided.
- One to two years of experience working with children in a learning environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be constructed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Position starts at $11.00 and we have excellent benefits.
Please also take a moment and browse the website to learn more about us!