Thank you for your interest in a career with Young Americans Center for Financial Education. We are currently hiring for the position listed below. If you are interested, please send along your resume and this completed job application to Sue Euser at email@example.com or fax (303-320-6507).
Position/Tile: Financial Services Representative (Level I)
Organization Segment: Young Americans Bank
Reports to: Operations Officer
Position Summary: LEVEL I: Responsible for learning how to perform Teller and Backroom functions or New Accounts and Backroom functions. Teaches youth up to 21 years of age basic financial skills. Employees in this position also learn how to perform certain processing functions associated with Backroom operations.
Position Responsibilities: Learns how to perform all of the following essential functions:
- Responsible for learning and following all bank policies and internal control procedures relating to the teller and cash areas and/or new accounts area.
- Provide instruction and guidance to customers and prospective customers on banking and program services at the appropriate level.
- Open savings, certificate of deposit and checking accounts.
- Process customer transactions.
- Balance cash drawer daily against balance sheets.
- Process bank-by-mail and night deposit transactions as part of a dual control team.
- Issue and reconcile Cashier’s Checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, and bonds.
- Handle coin machine transactions, including end of day balancing.
- Balance vault under dual control and prepare cash shipments.
- Assist with wrap up of the daily work each night. Scanning daily work and encoding outgoing cash letter.
- Assist with research requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Fundamental math skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft, Word and Excel.
- Ability to carry out assignments effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with children and adults.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in financial procedures.
- Ability to prepare and monitor detailed records and reports.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate, either working towards a college degree or has completed a two year/four year degree.
Please also take a moment and browse the website to learn more about us!