The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of 12-16 middle and high school teenagers, who serve a one-year term on the board. They meet monthly and learn about banking, business, nonprofits, philanthropy, and leadership, while providing a youth perspective to the adult board and management. Two past members are selected to serve as co-chairs and lead the board meetings.
- are selected through an application and interview process.
- meet one Saturday a month from August to June – a one-year term.
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world.
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette.
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management.
- participate in special functions and events.
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term
2014-2015 Youth Advisory Board Members:
Ashia Ajani, Co-Chair, 12th grade, East High School
Martha Baker, Co-Chair, 11th grade, Colorado Academy
Maria Chavez, 12th grade, Mapleton Early College High School
Trey Cousin, 11th grade, Grandview High School
Ashlin Cross, 12th grade, Kent Denver School
Shaunice Dedner, 9th grade, Cherokee Trail High School
Sara Hiner, 12th grade, Arapahoe High School
Cailey Karshmer, 8th grade, Graland Country Day School
Kristin Kraybill-Voth, 10th grade, George Washington High School
Alby Musaelian, 10th grade, Homeschool
Khaili Rowan, 8th grade, St. Mary’s Academy
Libby Strong, 10th grade, East High School
Jillian Troftgruben, 12th grade, Grandview High School
Vincent Wroble, 12th grade, East High School
Kirk Zieser, 9th grade, Arapahoe High School
How do I get on the board?
Applications for the 2015-2016 Youth Advisory Board will be available in January 2015. In the meantime, please find more information by reading the Frequently Asked Questions here.