The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of 12-16 middle and high school teenagers, who serve a one-year term on the board. They meet monthly and learn about banking, business, nonprofits, philanthropy, and leadership, while providing a youth perspective to the adult board and management. Two past members are selected to serve as co-chairs and lead the board meetings.
We are pleased to announce the newest group of teens to serve of the board!
- Amina Khribeche, 12th grade, Denver Center for International Studies
- Conor McNamara, 12th grade, Regis Jesuit High School
2013-2014 Youth Board Members:
- Martha Baker, 10th grade, Colorado Academy
- Sydney Burckhardt, 11th grade, George Washington High School
- Shawn Cremer, 12th grade, Denver School of the Arts
- Mercell Enayat, 11th grade, Denver School of Science & Technology
- Kaylee Espinoza, 9th grade, Legacy High School
- Aliyah Fard, 8th grade, Odyssey Middle School
- Arden Gehl, 10th grade, East High School
- Samantha Harding, 10th grade, Cherry Creek High School
- Akiala I, 12th grade, East High School
- Jack Leuthold, 9th grade, Thomas Jefferson High School
- Stryker Lewis, 8th grade, Hill Campus of Arts and Sciences
- Ariel Mejia-Castaneda, 12th grade, Adams City High School
- Parker Schroeder, 10th grade, Mountain Vista High School
- Sydney Taylor, 8th grade, Home School
More About the Board
- are selected through an application and interview process.
- meet one Saturday a month from August to June – a one-year term.
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world.
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette.
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management.
- participate in special functions and events.
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term
How do I get on the board?
Download the application for the 2014-2015 Youth Advisory Board here. This document also contains the required dates and other key information.