The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of 12-16 middle and high school teenagers, who serve a one-year term on the board. They meet monthly and learn about banking, business, nonprofits, philanthropy, and leadership, while providing a youth perspective to the adult board and management. Two past members are selected to serve as co-chairs and lead the board meetings.
- are selected through an application and interview process.
- meet one Saturday a month from August to June – a one-year term.
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world.
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette.
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management.
- participate in special functions and events.
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term
2015-2016 Youth Advisory Board Members:
Grace Romer, Co-Chair, 12th grade, East High School
Kirk Zieser, Co-Chair, 10th grade, Arapahoe High School
Natalie Allon, 12th grade, George Washington High School
Rakheti Garrett-Mills, 9th grade, Hinkley High School
David Geldzahler, 9th grade, East High School
Andrew Hageman, 9th grade, George Washington High School
Colette Martinez, 11th grade, Grandview High School
Susie McInerney, 12th grade, Mullen High School
Kayla Ro, 9th grade, East High School
Benjamin Roswell, 10th grade, Cherry Creek High School
Kenneth Sklar, 12th grade, Cherry Creek High School
Nyle Sykes, 11th grade, Cherry Creek High School
Kobi Truesdale, 10th grade, DSST Cole High School
Walker Young, 8th grade, St. Anne’s Episcopal School
How do I get on the board?
Applications for the 2016-2017 Youth Advisory Board will be available in spring, 2016.
Please also read the Frequently Asked Questions here.