Contact the bank for fee information.
Fast Facts: Young Americans Bank Debit Card
- Can only use with Young Americans Bank checking account
- Can be used for ATM access (all ATM transaction fees apply)
- $500 open-to-buy limit
- $100 per day ATM withdrawal limit
- Required to take a Debit Card class
When you use a debit card, it’s like you are writing a check. The benefit of having a debit card is that it may be more accepted than checks, especially out-of-state and in other countries. A debit card can be used anywhere VISA is accepted. That means you can use it like a credit card for purchases.
However, unlike a credit card that lets you ‘pay later,’ with a debit card you are ‘paying now’ and taking money directly from your checking account. You can also use a debit card at an ATM to get cash from your bank accounts or at participating retailers for cash back (requires PIN).
Debit cards are complex products to use and understand. Before you get a debit card, you will need to spend 20 minutes with the New Accounts representative to help you understand:
- How your card will work
- The difference between the many ‘plastic’ cards out there
- The good and the bad of debit cards
Confusing terms such as ‘open-to-buy’
Lost or Stolen Card
If your debit card is lost or stolen during Bank business hours, please immediately call us at 303-321-2265. If the Bank is closed, immediately call 1-800-554-8969.