As you are doing your holiday shopping online, Amazon has a nice program where you can select Young Americans Center for Financial Education as your Amazon Smile charity of choice. When you shop through smile.amazon.com, eligible purchases go directly to provide a hands-on lesson in financial education to a deserving youth! It’s easy to do:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Login with your username and password
- Select “Young Americans Center for Financial Education” as your charity of choice
- Shop from smile.amazon.com!
If you’re doing your shopping on a mobile device through the Amazon app, you’ll need to install smile.amazon.com on your home screen. This extra step ensures that all purchases support the nonprofits you love. Here’s how:
- Open up Safari and load https://smile.amazon.com/
- At the bottom of the screen, top the Share button icon .
- From the options, tap “Add to Home Screen”.
- Choose a name for the homescreen icon and save it.
- This icon will now appear on your homescreen. You can place it wherever in your list of apps.
For Android devices:
- Bookmark https://smile.amazon.com/ in your mobile Chrome browser, and then you’re able to create a bookmark app natively on your android device. This process is described in more detail here: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/adding-one-touch-bookmarks-to-your-androids-home-screen/
- Open your Chrome mobile browser, go to smile.amazon.com and add it as a bookmark.
- Press and hold on the home screen you want the place the bookmark shortcut on. Select Widgets from the menu. Depending on your device, you may need to tap Apps and Widgets, or a similarly-named menu option.
- Press and hold on the Chrome Bookmark widget, then drag it to the home screen of your choosing. There will need to be space on the home screen to successfully add a new widget.
- Choose a bookmarked website from your collection. You will see the name of the widget’s icon change to the site’s name. Tap it to open the website.
Thank you for providing Money Smarts for Kids. Money Skills for Life!