Share This Article
AmeriTowne On the Road, presented by CoBank, just wrapped up a great session in Grand Junction! This was our second trip to the area, and once again Young Americans Center was thrilled with the support we received from the community. In total, 685 students participated in On the Road, an increase of 171 students from our visit in 2015. Highlights from the tour include:
- Alpine Bank provided daily volunteers and sunglasses for every youth participant.
- AmeriTowne citizens donated over $3,000 of their personal or business income.
- For the first time, the On the Road TV Station was able to broadcast their commercials during lunch! Students really enjoyed seeing the commercials. This was a great opportunity for the shops to advertise and for the TV station crew to show off their hard work.
- Parent volunteer Allison wrote that after her daughter completed the program, “She is paying attention when I pay bills, grocery shop, etc. When I say, I don’t have money for that, she explains to her brother that I have money, but play to use it for something else.”
- After a session in Denver this month, On the Road travels to Fort Collins in December where it will be hosted by Colorado State University. For more information about how you can sign up your school or bring On the Road to your community, please contact Director Chris O’Reilly at email@example.com or 303-320-3214.