Greetings from the Far-northeast branch of Young Americans Bank!
Spring Break is just around the corner, so we’d like to share some ideas on how you can earn and save rather than spend throughout the week. First, here are some simple and easy ideas to help you make some extra money this Spring Break:
- Baby sitting
- Walking the dogs/Pet sitting
- Yard work
- Car washing
- Yard sale
- Work extra hours if you already have a job
- Lemonade Stand
Talk to your friends, neighbors, and even your parents, to see who could use a little extra help. A little work could turn into extra money for you!
Next, let’s think about saving money! The first thing you would want to do is open a Savings Account. Stop by at any of our three locations to set up your account. Once you have a savings account you will need to set a goal, what are you saving for? Here are some ideas that may make saving your money easier:
- Write down your savings goal
- Take your money to the bank as soon as you get paid
- When making a purchase ask yourself is this a need or a want?
- Always keep track of your transactions
- Don’t carry all your money with you
We hope these ideas are helpful and fun for Spring Break!