We’re thrilled to announce the nine top youth businesses in Colorado!
On Monday, July 10, applicants, families, and friends of Young Americans Center gathered at the Commons on Champa in downtown Denver at the Meet the Stars pre-event party to hear the news. These entrepreneurs will be honored at the 16th annual Spotlight on YouthBiz Stars awards and gala, sponsored by CoBank, held at the Seawell Grand Ballroom on Thursday, October 5. Of those, a winner in each of three age categories will receive a $1,000 cash award and a pairing with an esteemed business leader as a mentor: Michael Barkin of Vail Resorts, Matthew Burkett of The Flyfisher Group, or Traci Lounsbury of Elements. Also supporting this event are the Daniels Fund and Great West Financial.
6-11 years old Finalists:
- Liam Lennon (10) – The Lucky Penny
- Owen Lennon (10) – All Natural Bath Products & Candles
- Shae Maiorana (11) – Cover Your Collar
12-15 years old Finalists:
- Katen Adams (13) – Bakeology
- Lily Blessing (13) – Lily’s Little Buddies
- Sam (15) and Max Craig (12) – Smax Sticks
16-21 years old Finalists:
- Allison Burt (16) – AB Art & Photography
- Brenden Coney (17) – Elevation Creations
- Lily (16), Chloe (14), and Sophie (12) Warren – Sweet Bee Sisters
“These youth are so incredible that we just have to share them,” remarked Richard E. Martinez, Jr., President and CEO of Young Americans Center for Financial Education at the event. “Some have applied for their first business, while others are running their second or even third business. We are so proud of you!”