Share This Article
Young Americans Center for Financial Education has named this year’s top youth businesses in Colorado. The announcement was made on Tuesday, July 17 at Young Americans Center in Cherry Creek at the Meet the Stars Party.
An independent panel of judges evaluated applications of youth, ages 6-21, before selecting this year’s nine finalists:
6-11 years old:
- HER Design Store – Hannah Reyes (age 11)
- The Lucky Penny – Liam Lennon (age 11*)
- The Scented Penguin – Owen Lennon (age 11*)
12-15 years old
- Gabe’s Bazaar – Gabriel Nagel (age 13)
- Laney’s Lipcare – Delaney Ryan (age 14)
- Rudspice – Emily Rudnick (age 15)
16-21 years old
- Elevation Creations – Brenden Coney (age 18)
- Luke Aden Photography – Luke Aden (age 18)
- Yard Boyz – Jack Fleming (age 18)
In addition to announcing these finalists, Meet the Stars recognized the remarkable achievements of all applicants into this year’s business competition.
Finalists will be honored at the 17thannual Spotlight on YouthBiz Stars awards and gala, sponsored by CoBank, held at the Seawell Grand Ballroom on Thursday, October 4. The event will also name a winning business in each of three age categories that receives a $1,000 cash award and a pairing with an esteemed business leader as a mentor.
*Business owner’s age at time of application