Share This Article
Thank you for your support of Young Americans Center for Financial Education and Young Americans Bank. The safety and health of our customers and constituents is our top priority, and so we are doing our part to follow guidelines set forth by health and school district officials. Please know that we are taking precautions to help us all stay healthy, which are outlined here.
The programs staff is working hard to create a safe and feasible plan that will allow us to reopen our buildings for Summer Camps while at the same time providing an outstanding camp experience for children. While we are waiting on state and local authorities to issue guidelines for Summer Camps, which are expected to be announced on or by May 25, we are taking measures to facilitate social distancing and other safety precautions. These include:
- Utilizing space throughout the building to maintain small group sizes.
- Closing registration to maintain small group sizes.
- Keeping students and staff with the same group the entire week to limit exposure to others.
- Cleaning and sanitizing spaces routinely and thoroughly.
- Making hand sanitizer stations available for use in all areas.
- Establishing a sign-in and sign-out process outside of the building to limit the number of people in the building.
- Moving some camps to our Lakewood facility.
- Young Americans staff and campers will be required to wear face coverings in accordance with City of Denver guidelines.
An updated Summer Camp schedule can be found here.
In addition, we have updated our Refund/Cancellation policy so parents can make the best decision for their families.
To give families at-home learning opportunities, the programs staff has developed an exciting Virtual Summer Program Schedule. Three- and four-day programs start at $100. These offerings will be led by our senior staff and are designed to provide engaging and fun activities while giving students new and exciting programming.
Young Americans Bank Operations
To protect both your family’s safety as well as that of our employees, Young Americans Bank is currently accepting new saving and checking account applications only through the mail. As we remain committed to providing quality banking and financial education, please contact the Bank at 3030-321-2265 to receive an application and schedule an appointment to walk through the process.
We have made changes to our lobby areas to ensure that customers and staff are able to socially distance.
Due Denver Public School closures, the Young Americans Bank branch on the Evie Garrett Dennis campus in Green Valley Ranch will remain closed until July 31, 2020.
Building Use by Outside Groups
The Center for Financial Education has cancelled in-person meetings by outside groups through December 31, 2020.
Young AmeriTowne/International Towne and YouthBiz for the 2020/2021 School Year
We are waiting on state and local authorities to issue guidelines for next school year, at which point we will determine the best course of action.