Spark Change check presentation

FAQs – Spark Change

Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Spark Change that may help you understand our program better.

How long does the program last?

The Spark Change program runs for a full school year. The program starts in September and ends in May. We also offer a shorten version that runs from January to the end of May.

What forms of money do you accept?

We accept all American currency: coins, cash, and checks.

To whom should the check be payable?

All checks should be made payable to “Spark Change”. In the memo please write the name of the school you are contributing to.

How much does the program cost?

There is no cost to get involved in the Spark Change program. Materials and curriculum are included.

How many students can participate?

The number of students who can participate is unlimited. We recommend a maximum of 15 student leaders to help the decision process go quicker and be more productive.

What grades can get involved?

Spark Change is a K-8 program with a curriculum lining up with different grade levels.

How often should I meet with the student leaders?

It is best to meet with your student leaders for an hour a week. It could be a one hour session or two thirty minute sessions.

What is the difference between a community grant and a service grant?

A community grant is allocating the funds directly to the organization chosen to be used to help compete that organizations mission. A service grant is the money set aside to be used to complete a service project with.

Do you provide training to familiarize teachers with the curriculum?

We do not current provide training, but please reach out to us with any questions: Amanda Krische,

Who can be a coach?

A coach can be a parent, teacher, principal, or other school staff.

Can students choose an organization from another state or one not found on kids for

Students can choose any organization as long as they are a 501(c) nonprofit. If they are an organization not found on kids for, you will have to provide an EIN# on the grant forms.