Every year, teachers use the Spark Change Program to encourage youth development and to teach philanthropy in a fun, hands-on, and meaningful way. The Spark Change Program:
- Improves attendance
- Increases academic effort
- Sharpens communication and leadership skills
- Enhances school community and culture
- Contributes to a positive self-worth
- Encourages teamwork
- Drives parental involvement in the school
Read more about why Spark Change is a meaningful program for so many teachers in Denver.
How does Spark Change Work?
Identify needs within the community.
Research and interview nonprofit organizations that address those issues.
Set a goal for collection.
Donate funds to organizations.
Complete a service project.
Celebrate with a school-side check presentation ceremony.
What materials are provided?
- A free service learning and leadership program for your school
- A Coach’s Guide, including academically integrated lessons, activities, and hand-outs
- Spark Change materials, including money bags, Ziploc bags, leadership pins, and parent newsletter
- Year-round support
What are you waiting for?
Help spark a change in your community by involving your school today!
For more information or to sign up, contact Spark Change Coordinator Kelsie Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-320-3244.