Teacher Orientation and Teacher Refresher Information for 2021-2022 School Year
Teacher orientations are offered during the months of August through March to provide critical information about the mechanics of the Young AmeriTowne program and the classroom materials.
Teacher refreshers are delivered through a video and are online. It is highly encouraged for all teachers to review new Young AmeriTowne materials and attend an orientation or refresher. It is especially important this year to attend an orientation as there have been changes to curriculum for the upcoming school year.
Teachers should schedule a Young AmeriTowne Teacher Orientation or watch a Refresher webinar at least two months prior to attending Young AmeriTowne. Teacher Orientations are included with the cost of program registration.
Teacher Orientations – New Teachers
Teachers new to the AmeriTowne program are required to attend a Teacher Orientation.
- The four-hour orientation is required for all teachers who have not previously taught the Young AmeriTowne curriculum. The orientation video may be viewed online for teachers unable to attend in-person.
- For your convenience, Teacher Orientations have been scheduled on weekdays and Saturdays. All Saturday orientations will be held remotely, live via zoom. Zoom links will be sent out 1 day prior to each session. Bring your whole team and use the day as a planning session!
- All in-person sessions are conducted at Young Americans Center for Financial Education, 3550 East First Ave, Denver, CO. Young Americans is located on the southwest corner of First Avenue and Monroe, four blocks west of Colorado Boulevard. Please park in the parking garage attached to the building (entrance on Monroe).
- Beverages and snacks will be available for in-person teacher orientations. Feel free to bring your own snack if you would like.
- Plan to attend an orientation or watch the video at least two months prior to your Towne date. Advance reservations for teacher orientations are required. To reserve your spot, contact Jeremy Ollie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom materials will be available for pickup at your orientation session if the $250 non-refundable deposit has been made. Please request materials when registering for an orientation.
Refresher Webinar – Returning Teachers
A short refresher is available via video for all returning Young AmeriTowne teachers. To access the video, please check the curriculum dropbox for instructions and information. Teachers with questions regarding the curriculum should contact the Young AmeriTowne directors by phone or email (located below).
As part of the AmeriTowne program, each participant receives the following materials:
- Student Workbook
- Debit card
- Checkbook supplies
- Parent newsletter
Classroom materials may be available for pick up at your Teacher Orientation session if the $250 non-refundable deposit has been made and if you request materials at least two weeks in advance. To request materials, please contact Jeremy Ollie, email@example.com, to arrange a time to pick up classroom materials.
2021-2022 Young AmeriTowne Teacher Orientation Sessions
All sessions are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All Saturday orientations for 2021-2022 will be virtual.
|Saturday, August 21: Virtual||Saturday, January 22: Virtual|
|Wednesday, September 1||Saturday, February 12: Virtual|
|Saturday, September 18: Virtual||Wednesday, February 16|
|Wednesday, October 6||Wednesday, March 9|
|Wednesday, November 3|
|Saturday, November 13: Virtual|
Information to access dropbox will be released in August 2021.
Feel free to contact any of the following Young Americans staff:
- Merrick Becker, Director (YAT-Denver) 303-320-3215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Buttermore, Director (YAT-Belmar) 303-320-3259 or email@example.com
- Margarita Archilla-Kohart, Director (YAT 10) 303-320-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Schaller, Senior Towne Director 303-320-3237 or email@example.com
- Amanda Krische, VP of Programs 303-320-3235 or firstname.lastname@example.org