Young AmeriTowne Teacher orientation and refresher sessions for the 2017-2018 school year are offered during the months of August through April to provide critical information about the mechanics of the Young AmeriTowne program and classroom materials. Teacher refreshers are delivered through a webinar (available late summer, 2017) and are available any time. It is highly encouraged for all teachers to review new Young AmeriTowne materials and attend an orientation or refresher.
- The five-hour orientation is required for all teachers who have not previously taught the Young AmeriTowne curriculum. If you are a new teacher and are unable to attend an orientation, please contact a Young AmeriTowne Director (contact information below).
- A short refresher is available via webinar for all returning Young AmeriTowne teachers. Teachers with questions regarding the curriculum should contact the Young AmeriTowne Directors by phone or email (information located below). If you are a new teacher and cannot attend an orientation please contact a Young AmeriTowne Director.
- For your convenience, Teacher Orientations have been scheduled on weekdays and Saturdays. Bring your whole team and use the day as a planning session!
- All sessions are conducted at Young Americans Center for Financial Education, 3550 E. First Ave., Denver, CO. Young Americans is located on the southwest corner of First Avenue and Monroe St., four blocks west of Colorado Blvd. Please park in the parking garage attached to the building (entrance on Monroe).
- Beverages and snacks will be available for teacher orientations. Feel free to bring your own snack if you would like.
- Plan to attend an orientation or view the refresher webinar at least two months prior to your Towne date. Advance reservations for teacher orientations are required to allow time to prepare the appropriate number of classroom materials, which will be available to pick up at each session. To reserve your spot, contact Jeremy Ollie, Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom materials will be available for pickup at your orientation session if the $250 non-refundable deposit has been made. To request materials, please contact Jeremy Ollie, email@example.com, to arrange a time to pick up classroom materials. Materials will be available for pick up after August 15, 2017. Don’t forget to email ahead, at least two weeks notice is required.
2017-18 Teacher Orientation Sessions
All sessions: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 9
Saturday, August 12
Wednesday, August 16
Wednesday, September 6
Saturday, September 16
Wednesday, October 18
Wednesday, November 8
Saturday, November 18
Wednesday, December 6
Wednesday, January 10
Saturday, January 20
Saturday, February 3
Wednesday, February 21
Saturday, March 3
Saturday, March 17
Wednesday, April 4
Feel free to contact an AmeriTowne director with any questions:
- Merrick Stein, Director (Denver) 303 320-3215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sondra Osif, Director (Belmar) 303 320-3259 or email@example.com