Young AmeriTowne Teacher orientation and refresher sessions for the 2017-2018 school year are offered during the months of August through April to provide critical information about the mechanics of the Young AmeriTowne program and classroom materials.
- The five-hour orientation is required for all teachers who have not previously taught the Young AmeriTowne curriculum.
- For your convenience, Teacher Orientations have been scheduled on weekdays and Saturdays. Bring your whole team and use the day as a planning session!
- All sessions are conducted at Young Americans Center for Financial Education, 3550 E. First Ave., Denver, CO. Young Americans is located on the southwest corner of First Avenue and Monroe St., four blocks west of Colorado Blvd. Please park in the parking garage attached to the building (entrance on Monroe).
- Beverages and snacks will be available for teacher orientations. Feel free to bring your own snack if you would like.
- A short refresher is available via webinar for all returning Young AmeriTowne teachers. Access the webinar here. Teachers with questions regarding curriculum should contact the Young AmeriTowne directors by phone or e-mail (located below).
- Plan to attend an orientation or view the refresher webinar at least two months prior to your Towne date. Advance reservations for teacher orientations are required to allow time to prepare the appropriate number of classroom materials, which will be available to pick up at each session. To reserve your spot, contact Jeremy Ollie, Registrar, 303 320-3236. Due to high call volume please leave a voicemail or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom materials will be available for pickup at your orientation session if the $250 non-refundable deposit has been made.
- If you do not plan to attend an orientation, please contact Jeremy Ollie, 303 320-3236 to arrange a time to pick up classroom materials – at least 2 weeks notice required for pick up (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Materials will be available for pickup after August 14, 2017. Don’t forget to call ahead!
2017-18 Teacher Orientation Sessions
All sessions: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 9
Saturday, August 12
Wednesday, August 16
Wednesday, September 6
Saturday, September 16
Wednesday, October 18
Wednesday, November 8
Saturday, November 18
Wednesday, December 6
Wednesday, January 10
Saturday, January 20
Saturday, February 3
Wednesday, February 21
Saturday, March 3
Saturday, March 17
Wednesday, April 4
Feel free to contact an AmeriTowne director with any questions:
- Debbie Schaller, Director (Denver) 303 320-3237 or email@example.com
- Sondra Osif, Director (Belmar) 303 320-3259 or firstname.lastname@example.org