This inspiring group of 8th-12 graders is the face of Young Americans. The Youth Advisory Board meets once a month to advise and oversee Young Americans Bank and the nonprofit programs of Young Americans Center for Financial Education.
- are selected through an application and interview process;
- meet one Saturday a month from August to April- a one-year term;
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world;
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette;
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management;
- participate in special functions and events;
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term.
2023-2024 Youth Advisory Board Members:
Ariana Bates-Erlich (Co-Chair), Denver Jewish Day School
Krish Vipani (Co-Chair), Northfield High School
Avery Anderson, St. Mary’s Academy
Sophie Bailey, Littleton High School
Brady Baumbusch, Colorado Academy
Leni Cooper, St. Mary’s Academy
Oliver Deines, Northfield High School
Jacob Flannigan, Golden High School
Francesca Fucarino, Colorado Academy
Max Gart, Kent Denver
Matthew Layden, Regis Jesuit High School
Sophia Layden, Regis Jesuit High School
Ella Merwin Olk, Colorado Academy
Lauren Messerle, St. Mary’s Academy
Tyler Naha, East High School
Aspen Peterson, Evergreen High School
Rosalyn Rabet, Rampart High School
Shea Stansberry, Evergreen High School
Joy Peck Grainger, Youth Advisory Board Member 1992-1993:
I was honored to serve on the Youth Advisory Board…and attribute much of my later success professionally to the foundation laid by the experience there. I wouldn’t be a US Diplomat serving in India today without the role models (Linda Childears!) I met through the Young Americans Bank…I strongly encourage teens to apply; you won’t regret it!
How do I become a member of the Youth Advisory Board?
First, you need to apply!
Applications for the 2023/2024 Youth Board have closed. The application for the 2024/2025 Youth Board will be available in the spring of 2024. If you have any questions about the application process, contact Tobin Truslow, firstname.lastname@example.org.