The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of 12-16 middle and high school teenagers, who serve a one-year term on the board. They meet monthly and learn about banking, business, nonprofits, philanthropy, and leadership, while providing a youth perspective to the adult board and management. Two past members are selected to serve as co-chairs and lead the board meetings.
- are selected through an application and interview process;
- meet one Saturday a month from August to April- a one-year term;
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world;
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette;
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management;
- participate in special functions and events;
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term.
How do I become a member of the Youth Advisory Board?
Applications for the 2017-2018 Board are due by June 3!
- Youth Advisory Board Print Application
- Youth Advisory Board Electronic Application
- Co-Chair Print Application
- Co-Chair Electronic Application
2016-2017 Youth Advisory Board Members:
Aliyah Fard, Co-Chair, 11th Grade, Colorado Academy
Ben Roswell, Co-Chair, 11th Grade, Cherry Creek High School
Amelia Christensen, 9th Grade, Sky View Academy
Sydney Cross-Watts, 9th Grade, Regis Jesuit High School
AJ Hammerstein, 10th Grade, East High School
Nyla Higgs, 9th Grade, Vista Academy
David Hirschhorn, 10th Grade, Fairview High School
Kristoff Kerr, 9th Grade, Denver Academy
Amanda Lam, 10th Grade, D’Evelyn High School
Brigid McNamara, 9th Grade, George Washington High School
Wilson Murane, 11th Grade, East High School
Jazmin Peña, 11th Grade, Rangeview High School
Evelese Reyes, 12th Grade, Cherry Creek High School
Jack Ryan, 8th Grade, Logan School for Creative Learning
Mollie Sabo, 12th Grade, Dakota Ridge High School
Weston Schroeder, 10th Grade, Mountain Vista High School
Kai Suematsu, 11th Grade, George Washington High School