This inspiring group of 8th-12 graders is the face of Young Americans. The Youth Advisory Board meets once a month to advise and oversee Young Americans Bank and the nonprofit programs of Young Americans Center for Financial Education.
- are selected through an application and interview process;
- meet one Saturday a month from August to April- a one-year term;
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world;
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette;
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management;
- participate in special functions and events;
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term.
Joy Peck Grainger, Youth Advisory Board Member 1992-1993:
I was honored to serve on the Youth Advisory Board…and attribute much of my later success professionally to the foundation laid by the experience there. I wouldn’t be a US Diplomat serving in India today without the role models (Linda Childears!) I met through the Young Americans Bank…I strongly encourage teens to apply; you won’t regret it!
How do I become a member of the Youth Advisory Board?
First, you need to apply!
Applications for the 2023/2024 Youth Board are now available. If you have any questions about the application process, contact Patricia Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-2023 Youth Advisory Board Members:
Gabriel Nagel (Co-Chair), East High School
Hannah Reyes (Co-Chair), St. Mary’s Academy
Emmy Alvarez, Thornton High School
Ariana Bates-Erlich, Denver Jewish Day School
Mo Chism, St. Mary’s Academy
Celina Cookson, Prospect Ridge Academy
Grant Cramer, East High School
Oliver Deines, Northfield High School
Jonathan Duong, Rock Canyon High School
Jacob Flannigan, The Manning School
Karina Kastelic, Kent Denver School
Andrew Kurtz, Colorado Academy
Scout Lambiotte, St. Mary’s Academy
Matthew Layden, Regis Jesuit High School
Tyler Naha, East High School
Trace Taylor, Mullen High School
Maggie Turner, St. Mary’s Academy
Krish Vipani, Northfield High School
Pingback: Meet the 2014-2015 Youth Board Co-Chairs - Young Americans Blog