Teacher Orientation for 2021-2022 School Year
Teacher orientation sessions are offered during the months of August through February to provide critical information about the mechanics of the International Towne program and the classroom materials.
Teacher refreshers are delivered through a webinar and are online. It is highly encouraged for all teachers to review new International Towne materials and attend an orientation or refresher.
Teacher Orientations – New Teachers
Teachers new to the International Towne program are required to attend a Teacher Orientation. These four-hour sessions provide critical information about the mechanics of the International Towne program and classroom materials. Reserve your spot at least two weeks prior to the Orientation date.
- The four-hour orientation is provided for all teachers even those that have previously taught the International Towne curriculum. If you are a new teacher and unable to attend an orientation please contact Evan Borg, International Towne director at email@example.com or 303-320-3238.
- For your convenience, Teacher Orientations have been scheduled on weekdays and Saturdays. All Saturday orientations will be held remotely, live via zoom. A Zoom link will be sent out 1 day prior to each session. Bring your whole team and use the day as a planning session!
- All in-person sessions are conducted at Young Americans Center for Financial Education, 3550 East First Avenue, Denver, CO. Young Americans is located on the southwest corner of First Avenue and Monroe, four blocks west of Colorado Boulevard. Please park in the parking garage attached to the building (entrance on Monroe).
- Beverages and snacks will be available during in-person Teacher Orientation sessions.
- Plan to attend an orientation at least two months prior to your Towne date. Advance reservations are required.
To reserve your spot, contact Jeremy Ollie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refresher Webinar – Returning Teachers
Returning teachers are strongly encouraged to either attend a Teacher Orientation or watch a Refresher Webinar to learn about important updates.
A short refresher is available via webinar for all returning International Towne teachers. To access the webinar, please check the curriculum dropbox for instructions and information. Teachers with questions regarding the curriculum should contact Evan Borg, International Towne director at email@example.com or 303-320-3238.
As part of the International Towne program, each participant receives the following materials:
- Student Workbook
- Credit card
- Parent newsletter
Classroom materials may be available for pick up at your Teacher Orientation session if the $250 non-refundable deposit has been made and if you request materials at least two weeks in advance. Please request materials when registering for an orientation.
To request materials, please contact Jeremy Ollie, firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange a time to pick up classroom materials.
2021-2022 Teacher Orientation Sessions
All sessions are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All Saturday orientations for 2021-2022 will be virtual.
|Saturday, August 21: Virtual||Saturday, January 8: Virtual|
|Thursday, September 2||Saturday, February 12: Virtual|
|Saturday, September 18: Virtual||Thursday, March 10|
|Thursday, October 14|
|Saturday, November 6: Virtual|