Let us help you make your business even better!
YouthBiz pairs aspiring youth entrepreneurs with a mentor who is an adult business leader to help guide business strategy and development. Mentors are approved by Young Americans staff.
Why Should you Consider a Mentorship?
Your mentor has lots of business experience and skills, and can share that knowledge with you. They can teach you to get more stuff done, how to talk with customers, and how to grow your business!
Because they are successful in your work field, your mentor knows what both the industry, and your company specifically, are looking for. By working with a mentor, you can get help setting and achieving your goals for your business!
Your mentor has worked in their field for a long time, and knows how hard it can be to keep a business going. You can use your mentor as an example and remind yourself what your goals are. Your mentor’s personal support can give you the confidence to try new things and keep going!
Brenden Coney, Owner, Elevation Creations:
“Having a mentor is so beneficial to me because he’s helped me set goals, follow through on goals, and develop business connections in just a few months.”
- Read through the eligibility requirements to ensure this program is a right fit for you.
- Fill out the application form:
- Youth: select your top 3 mentors, or let us pair you based on your business industry and experience.
- Mentors: We will contact you if you are accepted into the Mentorship program.
- Create an agenda for your first meeting, or use our sample.
- We will set up your first meeting at Young Americans. A parent/guardian and a YouthBiz staff member must be present.
- Schedule future meetings together. Include a parent/guardian. Meetings can always be held at Young Americans with advanced notice.
- After three months, complete a questionnaire about your experience.
Youth Eligibility Requirements
- Business idea finalized
- Have made at least one sale
- Initial startup funds secured
- Ages 6-21
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
- Small, medium, large business owner or leader, or entrepreneurship experience
- Availability and eagerness to meet with mentee at least three times to address business goals
- Must clear a background check
- Must complete follow-up questionnaire about experience
Click on the Mentor’s name or photo to read a bio.
Energy Advantage Roofing and Solar
- Entrepreneur in Solar focused on sales.
- Specializes in innovative solutions for business.
- Enjoys martial arts and cooking.
Land Home Buyer
- Background in Real Estate and sales.
- Money management and goal setting.
- Enjoys snowboarding and the outdoors.
Chief Financial Officer
Principal and Founder of VCM, LLC
- Background in financial and business management.
- Develops innovative strategies for market expansion.
- Enjoys playing the guitar and riding his bike.
Founder and Profit Coach
- Background in entrepreneurship and accounting.
- Financial planning and small business ownership.
- Enjoys fitness and travel.
- Background in entrepreneurship and insurance
- Marketing, financial management, sales
- Enjoys hiking, cooking, writing, working out, and reading
VP and Private Wealth Banker
- Background in financial management and banking.
- Finances, sales, and business operations.
- Enjoys golfing, hiking, skiing, and being outdoors.
These Mentors have already been matched with a youth entrepreneur.