Let us help you make your business even better!
YouthBiz pairs aspiring youth entrepreneurs with a mentor who is an adult business leader to help guide business strategy and development. Mentors are approved by Young Americans staff.
- Read through the eligibility requirements to ensure this program is a right fit for you.
- Fill out the application form:
- Youth: select your top 3 mentors, or let us pair you based on your business industry and experience.
- We will contact you if you are accepted into the Mentorship program.
- Create an agenda for your first meeting, or use our sample.
- We will set up your first meeting at Young Americans. A parent/guardian and a YouthBiz staff member must be present.
- Schedule future meetings together. Include a parent/guardian. Meetings can always be held at Young Americans with advanced notice.
- After three months, complete a questionnaire about your experience.
Youth Eligibility Requirements
- Business idea finalized
- Have made at least one sale
- Initial startup funds secured
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
- Small, medium, large business owner or leader, or entrepreneurship experience
- Availability and eagerness to meet with mentee at least twice to address business goals
- Must clear a background check
- Must complete follow-up questionnaire about experience
Click on the Mentor’s name to read a bio.