Let us help you make your business even better!
YouthBiz pairs aspiring youth entrepreneurs with adult business leaders to help guide business strategy and development. Mentors are approved by Young Americans staff.
- Read through the eligibility requirements to ensure this program is a right fit for you.
- Fill out the application form:
- Youth: select your top 3 mentors, or let us pair you based on your business industry and experience.
- We will contact you if you are accepted into the Mentorship program.
- Create an agenda for your first meeting, or use our sample.
- We will set up your first meeting at Young Americans. A parent/guardian and a YouthBiz staff member must be present.
- Schedule future meetings together. Include a parent/guardian. Meetings can always be held at Young Americans with advanced notice.
- After three months, complete a questionnaire about your experience.
Youth Eligibility Requirements
- Business idea finalized
- Have made at least one sale
- Initial startup funds secured
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
- Small, medium, large business owner or leader, or entrepreneurship experience
- Availability and eagerness to meet with mentee at least twice to address business goals
- Must clear a background check
- Must complete follow-up questionnaire about experience
Click on the Mentor’s name to read a bio:
Vice President, YouthBiz