Be a part of Colorado lawmaking history!
We invite you to participate in the Youth Business Expo and Networking Event at the Colorado State Capital on February 11th. This expo will precede the committee vote on Senate Bill 19-103, “Lemonade Bill,” Legalizing Minors’ Businesses. This historic bill allows young people under the age of 18 to operate a business on an occasional basis without requiring a business license.
Youth entrepreneurs are encouraged to participate in the expo, make some influential connections, and stay to participate in the hearing. This is a fantastic educational opportunity to learn how the legislative process is run and how it affects all of us!
- Youth aged 6-17 eligible to participate
- Registrants confirmed on a first come, first served basis
- Table and chairs provided
- No sales in the capitol building permitted, though custom orders and future business generation encouraged!
- Youth Expo from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch with Senator Williams 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Senate committee hearing on legislation from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Any youth participant can prepare a statement to read during the hearing as a testament to the power of youth business ownership!