Share This Article
For the week of February 13 through 20, YouthBiz is excited to join a national movement in celebration of entrepreneurship: National Entrepreneurship Week! This congressionally-chartered initiative began in 2006, and it offers a “rich network of partners that engage, educate, and build equitable access to America’s Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.”
Empowering youth through entrepreneurship has been part of Young Americans’ DNA since our founding in 1987 by one of Colorado’s most notable entrepreneurs, Bill Daniels. We celebrate entrepreneurship every day through our hands-on program in entrepreneurship, YouthBiz, but National Entrepreneurship Week provides the perfect backdrop to highlight the youth entrepreneurs we work with and to engage our local youth entrepreneur community. Here’s what we have in store this year:
- Saturday, February 13 – Meet Ryder Matz, the 11-year-old winner of our Spotlight on YouthBiz Stars business competition, as we kick off the application period for this prestigious event!
- Monday, February 15 – Check social media for snapshots of entrepreneurial American Presidents
- Tuesday, February 16 – Learn about how Katie Whitely, the 11-year-old owner of Lily Grey, started her business and “Help Mario Start a Business” in this interactive video! After you click the link, use code ZTAE7 to get started. If you succeed, bring (or email) the final code to earn a prize from YouthBiz!
- Wednesday, February 17 – Entrepreneur Gabe Nagel, age 15, has mastered social media to get his business off the ground. Take our social media challenge and post a boomerang picture advertising one of the products or services you provide. Tag us and we’ll share your post: @yacenter on Instagram or @YoungAmericans on Facebook! Use the hashtags #NatlEshipWeek #yacenter #youthbiz, too!
- Thursday, February 18 – Meet local woodworker and maker Axel Fontaine, age 13, and gain inspiration for your own passion-fueled business idea.
- Friday, February 19 – A local business inspired 12-year-old J’Niyah Hernandez to start a business! Learn about who it is and tell us about who inspires you on our social media channels by sharing a picture of yourself with a favorite local product or small business. Be sure to tag us so we can share your post: @yacenter on Instagram or @YoungAmericans on Facebook.
- Saturday, February 20 – Meet entrepreneur Ada Scholl, age 8! Discover how YouthBiz has helped her get her business off the ground. Also, today is your last day to claim a prize in the “Help Mario Start a Business” video!
We’ll be hitting the ground running starting tomorrow, and we can’t wait for you to join us. Happy Entrepreneurship Week 2021!