Share This Article
We’re on the hunt for incoming 8th to 12th graders who would like leadership experience and a unique group to join. We want those students to apply to the Youth Advisory Board!
The what board?
The Youth Advisory Board is a group of bank customers, program participants, or those brand-new to Young Americans. They all have a few things in common. Future board members are enthusiastic, committed, and interested in banking, finance and non-profits.
This group will:
- Learn about Young Americans Bank and the nonprofit programs of Young Americans Center
- Receive a basic background in banking, business, philanthropy and public relations
- Provide insight and ideas on banking products, services and programs
- Develop basic presentation, communication and business skills
- Represent the organization at special events and functions
- Meet new friends from schools around Colorado
What are the perks?
The 2012-2013 board just wrapped up their term. Some of their unique events and activities included:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Channel 7 News and mock interviews with the news anchors
- A tour of the State Capitol with the State Treasurer
- A trip to the Federal Reserve’s Money Museum and the Denver Mint
- Special VIP seating at the September Celebration for Young Entrepreneurs
- An invitation to the Leadership of the Rockies conference at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs
- A fun ice cream social at our new branch location
- A unique meet-and-greet and brainstorming session with the members of the Goodwill Youth Council
- Several fun parties for the holidays and the end of the term
The deadline to apply to the 2013-2014 Youth Advisory Board is Saturday, June 29. A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found here, along with the application. No experience is required for those looking to apply. Any questions can be directed to Katie Payer.