Share This Article
Established in 1992, YouthBiz is a leading provider of youth entrepreneurship programs in Colorado. YouthBiz programs are dedicated to helping young people, particularly those who face academic, social and economic barriers, experience business creation opportunities. Through hands-on programs and real-life experiences, young people participate in all levels of entrepreneurship, from learning the basics of developing a business idea to marketing and selling a real product.
YouthBiz has grown from a handful of participants in its infancy to hundreds of students each year. Partnerships with corporations and foundations like Amica Companies Foundation have powered this growth. Aligned with their mission to harness the power of enduring relationships to help individuals, families, and communities become economically independent and strong, Amica’s funding of YouthBiz has directly impacted 7,213 aspiring entrepreneurs since 2016 – 53% of whom qualify for the free/reduced lunch program.
YouthBiz programs include:
- YouthBizStartUp – Middle and high school students gain the basic building blocks of success through an engaging curriculum and hands-on activities in this 10-session curriculum.
- YouthBiz Out of the Box – Upper middle and high school students learn valuable business and life lessons as they navigate the business cycle through real business ownership.
- YouthBiz Marketplace – Twice a year, youth business owners reserve a low-cost booth to sell their unique products to the public.
- Spotlight on YouthBiz Stars – Colorado’s premier business competition for young people, ages 6-21, offers cash prizes!
- Mentorship – YouthBiz pairs aspiring youth entrepreneurs with adult business leaders to help guide business strategy and development.
- Workshops, Classes, Summer Camps – Focus on the skills young entrepreneurs need to develop their businesses.
Students who participate in YouthBiz programs demonstrate statistically significant increases in problem solving, collaboration, salesmanship, and self awareness skills – all of which will benefit them in school, in life and in business.
Thank you, Amica Companies Foundation, for your continued support of young entrepreneurs and this important, life-changing programming.