Share This Article
Help your elementary student combat “summer unlearning” by stocking the bookshelves with some great books that have a financial theme. Regardless of your child’s interests, he or she will almost definitely enjoy these titles.
- Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies by Stan and Jan Berenstain – The bear cubs ask Mama and Papa for too much stuff in this story of learning the difference between wants and needs.
- Berenstain Bears Trouble with Money by Stan and Jan Berenstain – In this tale, the cubs get greedy and forget the value of family…almost.
- Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst – Alexander gets a dollar from his grandparents. Find out what he does with it.
- DK Eyewitness Books: Money by Joe Cribb – This book is perfect for the youngster who is interested in a topic, but doesn’t want to read a story book. Readers explore ancient money, new money, and everything in between.
- What Happens to a Torn Dollar Bill? by Charles Reichblum – If your child loves trivia, facts, and figures, this is the book to get. There are 319 pages of fascinating questions and answers, plus money quotes!
Watch this video to get a few more of my favorite titles for the summer: